If your guild would like to post upcoming events, workshops, lectures that your guild is hosting please send your information to:
Black Swamp Spinners Guild 32nd Market Day and Fiber Fair
3/25/2017 in Bowling Green, Ohio
at Wood County Fairgrounds
ANN ARBOR FIBERARTS GUILD
"Finding the Stories " in textile pieces by
Alice Vander Veenen, studio
artist and educator from Cobourg, Ontario.
Guild meeting social time at 6:30 p.m. Zion Lutheran Church, 1501 W. Liberty, program at 7 p.m. Entry on East side of building in PiperHall lower level. Elevator access.
Fashion show, luncheon and sale, April 22,
see website: to order tickets -- www.annarborfiberarts.org
. Power Center Show of textiles by AAFG
guild members, month of February.
Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild 2016-2017 events calendar
Guild Meetings held at Zion Lutheran Church, 1501 W. Liberty Street, Ann Arbor.
Social time 6:30 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m. Second Mondays of the month (except in December) – Sept. through May.
Program and workshop details --see website: www.annarborfiberarts.org
- March 10-12 Workshop “Assembled Works” using textile remnants, beads, knitting to create a 3- textile, by Alice Vander Veenen.
- March 13 Program: “Finding the Stories” in textile pieces, Alice Vander Veenen, studio artist and educator of Cobourg, Ontario.
- April AAFG members work exhibit at Power Center lobby, U of MI Campus
- April 22 Fashion show, luncheon, and sale at Washtenaw Community College, tickets required.
- April 10 Program: “Surface Tensions,” exploring fiber and paper art, by Professor Andrea Myers of Columbus College of Art and Design,
- April 29-30 “Screens a la Mode, silk screen workshop by Susie Krage, AAFG member, studio artist.
- May 8 Program: Bonnie Kay, member AAFG and local fiber artist and frequent visitor to Africa. “My Journey with Kente Cloth and West African Textiles.”
- July 20-23 Ann Arbor Street Art Fair
Michigan Weavers Guild
Michigan Weavers Guild (MWG) meets third Saturday, 12 noon
at the Peace Lutheran Church
17029 West 13 Mile Road,
Southfield, MI 48076-7749
- Mar 18, 2017 Speaker: Valerie Musselman, interaction of Color and Weave Structure in a 8 Shaft Crackle Threading
- Apr 20-21, 2017 Leader: Robyn Spady The Thrill of Twill, Workshop
- Apr 22, 2017 Speaker: Roby Spady, Weaving Innovations From the Bateman
- May 20, 2017 MWG Annual Potluck, Summer challenge assignments, Stash Exchange, Show and
Weavers Guild of Kalamazoo
Presenters for 2016-2017
- March 13, 2017 Beth Smith – Spinner & author Guild meeting presentation “The Great Skirt Project”
- April 8-9, 2017 JoAnn Bachelder - Weaver 2-day Workshop on “Designing Stripes”
- April 10, 2017 JoAnn Bachelder Guild meeting presentation on “Color”
- May 8, 2017 Annual Business Meeting and Presentations from the Study Groups