If your guild would like to post upcoming events, workshops, lectures that your guild is hosting please send your information to:
Arbor Fiber Feast - fashion show, luncheon, sale
April 22 at Washtenaw Community College, Morris Lawrence Building. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Must purchase ticket in advance: $35 per
person. Call to purchase ticket:
Black Swamp Spinners Guild 32nd Market Day and Fiber Fair
3/25/2017 in Bowling Green, Ohio
at Wood County Fairgrounds
ANN ARBOR FIBERARTS GUILD
"Surface Tensions," by Andrea Myers, BFA in
Print Media and MFA in Fiber and Material Studies from the Art Institute of Chicago will be featured at the April meeting of the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild on Monday, April 10. The meeting
begins with social time at 6:30 p.m. at Zion Lutheran Church, 1501 W. Liberty, Ann Arbor, program at 7 p.m. Entry on East side of building to Piper Hall in lower level. Elevator access.
Andrea Myers, currently an adjunct professor at Columbus College of Art and Design, has extensive awards, commissions, and exhibitions featuring fiber and paper. She calls herself a painter who
constructs painterly sculptures and installations. Website:http://andreamyersartist.com/home.html
Fashion show, luncheon and sale, April 22,
see website: to order tickets -- www.annarborfiberarts.org
. Power Center Show of textiles by AAFG
guild members, month of February.
Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild 2016-2017 events calendar
Guild Meetings held at Zion Lutheran Church, 1501 W. Liberty Street, Ann Arbor.
Social time 6:30 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m. Second Mondays of the month (except in December) – Sept. through May.
Program and workshop details --see website: www.annarborfiberarts.org
- March 13 Program: “Finding the Stories” in textile pieces, Alice Vander Veenen, studio artist and educator of Cobourg, Ontario.
- April AAFG members work exhibit at Power Center lobby, U of MI Campus
- April 22 Fashion show, luncheon, and sale at Washtenaw Community College, tickets required.
- April 10 Program: “Surface Tensions,” exploring fiber and paper art, by Professor Andrea Myers of Columbus College of Art and Design,
- April 29-30 “Screens a la Mode, silk screen workshop by Susie Krage, AAFG member, studio artist.
- May 8 Program: Bonnie Kay, member AAFG and local fiber artist and frequent visitor to Africa. “My Journey with Kente Cloth and West African Textiles.”
- July 20-23 Ann Arbor Street Art Fair
Michigan Weavers Guild
Michigan Weavers Guild (MWG) meets third Saturday, 12 noon
at the Peace Lutheran Church
17029 West 13 Mile Road,
Southfield, MI 48076-7749
- Mar 18, 2017 Speaker: Valerie Musselman, interaction of Color and Weave Structure in a 8 Shaft Crackle Threading
- Apr 20-21, 2017 Leader: Robyn Spady The Thrill of Twill, Workshop
- Apr 22, 2017 Speaker: Roby Spady, Weaving Innovations From the Bateman
- May 20, 2017 MWG Annual Potluck, Summer challenge assignments, Stash Exchange, Show and
Weavers Guild of Kalamazoo
Presenters for 2016-2017
- April 8-9, 2017 JoAnn Bachelder - Weaver 2-day Workshop on “Designing Stripes”
- April 10, 2017 JoAnn Bachelder Guild meeting presentation on “Color”
- May 8, 2017 Annual Business Meeting and Presentations from the Study Groups