If your guild would like to post upcoming events, workshops, lectures that your guild is hosting please send your information to:
2017-2018 Calendar - Ann Arbor Fiber Arts Guild
- October 6-8, 2017: Workshop - "Acrylics on Fiber", Jacqueline Sullivan
- October 9, 2017: Program - "A Mixed Media Journey", Jacqueline Sullivan
- November 13, 2017: Program - "The Creative Process Manifest in Objects Made at Maker Works"
- November 18, 2017: Holiday Sale, Washtenaw Community College
- Month of December 2017: Exhibit, The Village Theater at Cherry Hill, Canton Township
- February 12, 2018: Program - "Skins, Skeins, and Stitches: Fiber Art Through the Ages", Wendy Evans
- Month of April 2018: Exhibit, The Power Center for Performing Arts, Ann Arbor
- April 9, 2018: Program - "Handmade Lace through the Centuries", Mary
- April 21, 2018: Fiber Feast Fashion Show, Luncheon, and Sale, Washtenaw Community
- May 11-13, 2018: Workshop - "Jackets That Fit!", Helen Welford
- May 14, 2018: Program - "Fantasy Fashions: A Trunk Show of Historic Styles", Helen
Ann Arbor Fiberarts October, 2017 meeting
Textile artist Jacqueline Sullivan's program for the October Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild's October 9 meeting will take listeners on her journey into painting on fabric by making creative
use of layers and textures for surface design on fabric. Her influences are from calligraphy and mixed media, and she uses jesso, molding paste, tissues, and metallic highlights. She will
also offer a workshop October 6-8 to demonstrate these techniques. The workshop is open to non-members: see AAFG website for details.
The Guild meeting begins at 6:30 pm, with social time until 7 pm followed by the program. Guests are welcome. Location: Zion Lutheran Church, 1501 W. Liberty in Piper Hall on the lower
level, east side of building. Elevator access. Members' work, fiber arts books, and workshop creations from summer and Sullivan's class will be on display along with books from the guild
library during social time. A member's unused wool fabric cuts are available free with optional donation to the scholarship fund.
The Greater Lansing Weavers
Meets monthly from September through June on the second Tuesday of the month at St. Matthew Lutheran Church, 2418 N. Aurelius Road ,
Holt , MI 48842 .
Social time is from 6:30 to 7 p.m., when the meeting begins. (The December and June meetings are potlucks and may be held somewhere
For more information, email email@example.com.