If your guild would like to post upcoming events, workshops, lectures that your guild is hosting please send your information to:
Arbor Fiber Feast - fashion show, luncheon, sale
April 22 at Washtenaw Community College, Morris Lawrence Building. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Must purchase ticket in advance: $35 per
person. Call to purchase ticket:
ANN ARBOR FIBERARTS GUILD
Bonnie Kay presents "You Can Take the Weaver out Africa but You Cannot Take Africa Out of the Weaver: My Journey
with Kente Cloth and West African Textiles," at the May 8
meeting of the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild. Meeting begins with time to view exhibits starting at
with meeting and program at 7 p.m.
Location: Zion Lutheran Church, 1501 W. Liberty
-- entry on east side of building to Piper Hall in basement level. Elevator access. Bonnie spent 1963 as a Peace Corps volunteer in Africa, teaching in Ghana, and she recently spent a year
reconnecting with former students and weavers. She will discuss Kente cloth: origin, design, and techniques
and exhibit her collection of examples.
Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild 2016-2017 events calendar
Guild Meetings held at Zion Lutheran Church, 1501 W. Liberty Street, Ann Arbor.
Social time 6:30 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m. Second Mondays of the month (except in December) – Sept. through May.
Program and workshop details --see website: www.annarborfiberarts.org
- April 22 Fashion show, luncheon, and sale at Washtenaw Community College, tickets required.
- April 10 Program: “Surface Tensions,” exploring fiber and paper art, by Professor Andrea Myers of Columbus College of Art and Design,
- April 29-30 “Screens a la Mode, silk screen workshop by Susie Krage, AAFG member, studio artist.
- May 8 Program: Bonnie Kay, member AAFG and local fiber artist and frequent visitor to Africa. “My Journey with Kente Cloth and West African Textiles.”
- July 20-23 Ann Arbor Street Art Fair
Michigan Weavers Guild
Michigan Weavers Guild (MWG) meets third Saturday, 12 noon
at the Peace Lutheran Church
17029 West 13 Mile Road,
Southfield, MI 48076-7749
- Apr 20-21, 2017 Leader: Robyn Spady The Thrill of Twill, Workshop
- Apr 22, 2017 Speaker: Roby Spady, Weaving Innovations From the Bateman
- May 20, 2017 MWG Annual Potluck, Summer challenge assignments, Stash Exchange, Show and
Weavers Guild of Kalamazoo
Presenters for 2016-2017
- April 8-9, 2017 JoAnn Bachelder - Weaver 2-day Workshop on “Designing Stripes”
- April 10, 2017 JoAnn Bachelder Guild meeting presentation on “Color”
- May 8, 2017 Annual Business Meeting and Presentations from the Study Groups